Thursday, May 20, 2010

From hell, Coffins and Terror Squad@Earthdom

Guess I went to Earthdom a lot this week. This time around, on a Monday nonetheless, saw 3 great bands playing really heavy shit. From Hell, a top-notch doom band (you might enjoy it if you like Triptykon, Ewoken or whatever) played their usual set, and as always I enjoyed seeing a doom band doing the horns-in-the-air stuff. After seeing From Hell, I decided to check out the bar/lounge and to buy some band related stuff, this time a Coffins t-shirt. I bet its hard to find in Norway! Next band up was Coffins and it was totally fuckin' awesome, as one would expect. Uchino and Koreeda are the coolest old-skool dudes in town, and their show never fails. Oh, and did they play a new song? I think so. I headbanged a lot during appropriate riffs and enjoyed seeing a death metal band who doesn't compete with other bands regarding BPM but focuses on making awesome riffs instead. Last band I saw that night was Terror Squad, and while not being my kinda thrash/whatever metal, I had fun. Gotta love a vocalist who enjoys spending time in the mosh-pit during solos.

Pics below!





























- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Earthdom, Okubo, Tokyo

1 comment:

  1. Oh man!!! Why did I go to school today... this would have been soo much better!!~

    ReplyDelete